BeenThereBikeTours. We like to take city bike tours and/or rent bikes in town when we travel. Most tours are between 2 and 4 hours and cost somewhere between 50 and 100 USD. We aren’t talking about road bike tours, taking one or more days and covering miles and miles of countryside all kitted up and grinding out the miles. Those are great too, but that’s not why we’re here.
We like riding in the city because:
- You can see more in a couple of hours than you could all day on foot, and have fun getting from place to place.
- You often meet some new, like minded friends.
- Many tours stop for a snack and tasty liquid refreshments.
- Your tour guide can be a valuable source of for local tips, haunts, and hidden treasures.
- It’s outside and not a stuffy tour bus filled with people.
- They’re fun!
We’ve noticed there’s no comprehensive list of city bike tours and we hope to change that. And we’re diligently taking as many tours as WE can, to help you know which ones are the best. Watch for our reviews.
Some towns and cities don’t have bike tours (yet), so we’re also working on great places to rent bikes and local recommendations on the best routes. What if you were taking guests in your town? Where would you ride?